THE END. no. 091 [the end is only the beginning...]



"Welcome To The Black Parade (Live In Mexico)" by My Chemical Romance

"We all die.
The goal isn't to live forever,
the goal is to create something that will..."


When I was a young boy
My father took me into the city
to see a marching band

He said son when you grow up

Would you be the savior of the broken

The beaten and the damned?

He said will you

Defeat them

Your demons

And all the non-believers,

the plans that they have made?

Because one day

I'll leave you

A phantom

To lead you in the summer

To join The Black Parade

I've said it before, death doesn't scare me. I like to think that death is like this big celebration, this parade if you will. It's a celebration of your life, and where you are going next. What that is none of us know, and none of us will know, until the time is right. All I know is that I'm not afraid.

I'm not afraid of change, or death, or moving on. That's what this whole thing has been about. That part of my life is finally over, and I appropriately kill it off here and now.

You see, you can't be ashamed of where you have come from. The mistakes and lessons you go through in your life will help define who you will become. We are constantly changing, constantly growing, therefore we are constantly dying. Who I was a year ago when I started this isn't who I am now. The person in this story doesn't exist anymore. He's dead and gone, and I couldn't be happier.

Like I've said before:

"Death only hurts for those of us left behind to deal with the pain of missing who we've lost. I think to the dead it's a celebration of life. Of the life they've lived, to the lives they've touched, and to the new life they have yet to discover.

I think if I didn't believe in this that death would be too much to bear. Call it dark, call it demented, call it what you will, I call it faith. While I may not have faith in a man born of a virgin or any other type of organized belief I do believe that death is only the beginning to something much, much greater than anything any of us can comprehend.

I like to think that in death those that have gone before us come to welcome us to the next chapter. It may sound corny, or sappy, or what have you, but it's what I believe. Death isn't something to be feared, or hated, or looked at in a negative light. Death is all around us.
"

And even though this story has had it's twists and turns, it's ups and downs, and it's extremely questionable and scary moments, I don't regret a second of it. Because while I do want it to die, and I want to move on, I can't forget where I have come from. And now, as I properly kill it off, it's immortalized, forever.

I will always carry what I've learned with me. From all the people mentioned in this story, to all the places, all the events, all the symbolism, everything has happened for a reason, and it has shaped who I have become.

Do or die
You'll never make me

Because the world

Will never take my heart

Go and try

You'll never break me

We want it all

We wanna play this part

I won't explain

Or say I'm sorry

I'm unashamed

I'm gonna show my scar

Give a cheer

For all the broken

Listen here

Because it's who we are

I'm just a man

I'm not a hero

Just a boy

Who had to sing this song

I'm just a man

I'm not a hero

I

Don't

Care!
We'll carry on...

And like that, I'm back to where I started, but I've been moving forward the entire time. The yellow brick road is gone, I'm done running away, and I'm finally home. While this story ends, another begins, because I've said it from the start...where one story ends, another begins, because the end is only the beginning. But you guys knew that from the start...right?

THE END.?

2 comments:

  1. you are truly an amazing guy. how mature you are on the way you think about life, the way you handle it with these writings. epic. truly epic. i'm gonna miss THE END series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scrolled down as the guitar solo started, and I saw the huge lettering. I immediately cried. This was the perfect way to end it, back at the beginning. I liked that you picked the live version of this song for the end. The raw emotion definitely showed through and made this amazing! I'm so sad that THE END. is over, but I'm glad I was a part of it. I love this whole fucking thing. It was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love you, bugslut.

    ReplyDelete