APPENDAGE #17: My Secret Public Journal, Entry #059: Dead; The Hardest Part Of This Is Leaving You


"Interlude/Cancer (Live In Mexico)" by My Chemical Romance

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." -Mark Twain

Death doesn't scare me. What scares me is how the people I leave behind will deal with it. How they will deal with my being gone, with all the stuff that I've left behind, etc. I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid to go before it's my time, or before it's their time. I can't fathom the idea of leaving this world so soon and leaving you all behind.

The beautiful thing about death is that it's always happening. Every day, at every second, something, someone, somewhere...dies. Now this definition of death may not be the heart stopping, organs failing kind that we have all be made to think, but change is rapid, and imminent, and avoidable, and in a way when something changes, it dies; but not always for the worst.

So this story is done, and that person is dead. It's not something to be depressed about, or saddened, because in this death comes a new beginning. Change, although I may fight it, is a beautiful thing, and I'm not afraid of what comes next.

Years of dealing with it, the turmoil, the hatred, the lies, finding beauty in the breakdown. All of this has been a death, a change. In a way I'm not letting go, of anything I've talked about, but I do have to move on. Please find solace in the fact that I will hold those memories dear, and I will carry on, because I'm not afraid to die, and I'm not afraid to keep on living; it's just hard, because the hardest part of this is leaving you...

Turn away,
If you could get me a drink
Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me in all my favorite colors,
My sisters and my brothers, still,
I will not kiss you,
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.

Now turn away,

'Cause I'm awful just to see
'Cause all my hairs abandoned all my body,
Oh, my agony,
Know that I will never marry,
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo
But counting down the days to go
It just ain't living
And I just hope you know

That if you say (if you say)

Goodbye today (goodbye today)
I'd ask you to be true (cause I'd ask you to be true)

'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you

'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving...
YOU

1 comment:

  1. I cried too :(. So not fair. You can't bring back a song you already used!! It was perfect though. Simply perfect. I can't believe how much I'm crying though. I have one more left to go. I hope this one doesn't make me cry too.

    ReplyDelete