APPENDAGE #15: My Secret Public Journal, Entry #056: My Way Home Is Through You (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road)



"My Way Home Is Through You" by My Chemical Romance

There's no place like home,
there's no place like home,
there's no place like home,
oh fuck it...


Gonna take off all my skin,Tear apart all of my insides,When they rifle in,Mom and Dad think you'll be saved,They never had the time,They're gonna medicate your lives,You were always born a crime,We salute you in your grave.
Can't find my way home,

But it's through you and I know,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms,
Can't find my way home,
But it's through you and I know,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms.

Well my gun fires seven different shades of shit,
So what's your favorite color, punk?
Photobucket

Do you wanna hold my hand?
Could you sign this photograph,'Cause I'm your biggest fan,Would you leave me lying here?We're not here to pay a compliment, Or sing about the government,Oxycontin genocide,Adolescent suicide,I'll give you my sincerity,
(Don't give) a fuck about a Kennedy,
Here's what I've got to say.
Can't find my way home,
But it's through you and I know,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms,
Can't find my way home,
But it's through you and I know,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms.


The whole idea of home has been redefined. It's not my happy ending, it's where I've been all along. It's where this whole thing started. It's where I need to be. It's the beginning, the end. I need to get to it, no matter what.

No way home, why...


This story is no longer about her, fuck that, this whole thing has changed direction. The yellow brick road doesn't lead to her, if anything it leads the fuck away from her. I don't need that in my life anymore, I don't need her, and it's took this long for me to realize it.

We've got to go!


And if I'm the one running away, so be it. Because I'm not looking back, and I'm leaving this yellow brick road behind me.

Can't find my way home,

But it's through you and I know,
What I'd do just to get back in her arms,
Can't find my way home,
But it's through you and I know,
What I'd do just to get back, well, in her arms.

I can't find the way
I know I'm not anywhere near getting to the end of this road, because a whole new story has begun. The journey has changed. This isn't Kansas, and this isn't Oz. This place is new, weird, bizarre, yet comfortable. Everything it is, it isn't, and everything it isn't, it is.

Come on angel, don't you cry


The road has ended, and has led me here, and a new journey is just about to begin...down a rabbit hole...

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! FUCK YES!!! I cannot wait! I fucking loved this! You killed of the yellow brick road and lead it to your beautiful dark twisted fantasy. OMG, that is fucking brilliant! I cannot fucking wait to read that story. This has to be one of my absolute favorites!

    there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home...oh fuck it.

    Hahahahahahahaha! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete