APPENDAGE #3: My Secret Public Journal, Entry #021: Teenagers: The Boys & Girls In The Kliq



"Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance

"The young always have the same problem - how to rebel and conform at the same time.
They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another."
-Quentin Crisp

I don't know what it is about them. It's almost kind of cliche'. It feels like a stereotype, but the majority help to make it more factual than not. "We're not immature!," they say as they huff and puff and stomp around like three year olds. "That's for babies! I'm an adult!" and the classic "Who gives their twenty-one year old daughter a curfew of 11pm?!" It's like with every statement they help dig themselves deeper into that cliche' genre of young and reckless. Repetition helps desensitize the morality of it all, I guess. It's all quite amusing to me, but if I'm being perfectly honest...

They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed

So darken your clothes

Or strike a violent pose

Maybe they'll leave you alone

But not me

The boys and girls in THE KLIQ
The awful names that they stick
Photobucket

...not that I would want to. Not again anyways. I think that's what really scares me...did I used to be like them? Is this the kind of example that I have set?

They said all
Teenagers scare

The living shit out of me

They could care less

As long as someone'll bleed

So darken your clothes

Or strike a violent pose

Maybe they'll leave you alone

But not me

It's amusing but sad as hell. Like cute little destructive puppies chewing everything up and shitting everywhere. And it's okay at first because they don't know any better, but then they grow up to be dogs, and you can't help but roll up a newspaper and whack 'em on the nose a time or two, because the reality of it is that it's not cute anymore, and it's not all that amusing now.

They said all
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed

So darken your clothes

Or
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me


ALL TOGETHER NOW!

Yet they wonder why...why do they get talked to in the manner that they do, why are they constantly reprimanded, and why do they have rules and regulations to abide by. If you act like a child you will be treated as such, no if, and's, or but's about it.

Their parents might be able to turn a blind eye and say it comes with the territory, but the way I remember it is if I had acted that way I would have gotten a verbal foot in the ass, if not a physical one. It's a little sad to sit back and watch, and I know I'm not their parent, but I would have hoped that they would have gotten a better example from me.

I know it's not my place, but if no one is going to teach these kids that life isn't always going to go their way, and that they aren't always right, and for fucks sake you're not as young and invincible as you might think then I'll step up. You might have everyone else fooled, but I've been there before.

As for everyone else, maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me...

3 comments:

  1. Idk why but I can see the image of you hitting the dog on the nose with the newspaper cause they did something to piss you off lol.

    But anyways! I think that you set the best example for them that you could. You made you're own mistakes in you're life, and they will make their own mistakes in their lives.

    You didn't raise them to be the people they are now and I think you tried to set them straight as best as you could.

    You may be mature and see the world differently than they do, but I think there will always be a part of you that will hold onto you're teen years no matter what you say lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. classic. love this. love the song with it. awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! EPIC! You're never gonna fit in much kid! I love this whole badassery of yours, putting these kids in their place! Great song choice, great imagery, you nailed this one, and it's not even a fucking chapter of the story ;)

    well done sir

    ReplyDelete