APPENDAGE #2: My Secret Public Journal, Entry #020: The Sharpest Lives: An Introduction To The Kliq


"The Sharpest Lives" by My Chemical Romance

Bertrand Russel once said, "Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd." It's been made very apparent that I am now the lone wolf in this play. It's not a role I'm all that happy to undertake, because the reality of all this is that human beings are social creatures, but to put my beliefs and morals to the side in order to be accepted by either side is just not something I am willing to do.

This alone, you're in time for the show
You're the one that I need
I'm the one that you loathe
You can watch me corrode like a beast in repose
'Cause I love all the poison
Away with the boys in the band

It's not something I'm proud of, but I really do not like this situation. It's not like I can relate to them, or have any sympathy. So I know now that I am the enemy in many ways...

Give me a shot to remember
And you can take all the pain away from me
One kiss and I will surrender
The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead
A light to burn all the empires
So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be
In love with all of these vampires
So you can leave like the sane abandoned me...

Lions, wolves, and vultures don't live together in herds, droves or flocks. Of all animals of prey, man is the only sociable one. Every one of us preys upon his neighbor, and yet we herd together.

There's a place in the dark where the animals go
You can take off your skin in the cannibal glow
Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands

Four corners of hypocrisy and idiotic "supremacy" pretending to be something more than better. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the teenager mentality, maybe they are progressing slower, maybe they will never make it to that point, who really knows? All that I know is that I won't play the game that they play amongst themselves.

Give me a shot to remember
And you can take all the pain away from me
One kiss and I will surrender
The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead
A light to burn all the empires
So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be
In love with all of these vampires
So you can leave like the sane abandoned me...

It's a deadly alliance, all for one, and none for all. The ringleader is obvious, the strings are being pulled, but is it something I should just sit back and watch, or should I intervene? The more I try the more I get pushed away, and now I think it's safe to say that I'm developing an acute sense of hate for each one of them, some larger in portion than others, but all are made up of the same essential ingredient. Their sights are set on me, and now I have become their target. It's a burden, something I know I must do, but it's not something that I will do happily.

Photobucket
The Queen, with her undeserved sense of self-righteousness.
The Puppet, with strings tight, swayed left and right, and cue cards nicely written out.
The Fool, with his case of self-consciousness and poor self-esteem.
& The Dreamer, with her rose tinted glasses and false sense of self-assurance.

Teenagers, thinking they own the world. Say one thing and your name is on the tip of their tongues forever. It's not something I can just drop and sit back and not worry about, because eventually this will hurt me in the long run. Relationships have already been altered, changed, but not lost forever, not just yet. I must lead by example, even if it means to beat their asses emotionally. Because if I don't it will continue on, and I won't let them destroy me from the inside out. They cannot be my trigger, I won't let it...

2 comments: