APPENDAGE #1: My Secret Public Journal, Entry #019: I Miss You


"Cemetery Drive" by My Chemical Romance

Things haven't quite been the same. I know it's been almost four years, but the pain hasn't gone away, it's just become easier to deal with. It's numbing, sometimes I feel like it's not even there. I don't know if it's me ignoring it, or if it's just a normal way that we all cope. Sometimes the pain just pulses too much, like blood in my veins, it's consuming me. I could have really used your company, wisdom, and support these last few months. It feels like an improbable task to take them on all by myself, and I know there aren't any other options because they won't listen to me like they would you. I feel like my hands are tied, going into a fight by myself, I don't think I can do this by myself, and the truth is...

I miss you, I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard

I pulled a faded picture of you from my wallet. The water made the colors run. It killed me a little to look at it, a piercing feeling of abandonment. I hate myself for feeling like you left all of us behind, even though I know that's not the case, but I just feel so alone sometimes...


...and the truth is

I miss you, I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard

...and I keep those feeling of loneliness

Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down

Well I miss you, well I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard

When will I miss you, when will I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard
Made it so hard

Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down...

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but sometimes I can't help it. I just miss you so much. I know I will have to go this alone, but can you just give me the strength to carry on? Just be in my corner, because I need someone on my side. There's no holding back this time, because this time I'm gonna give 'em hell...

2 comments:

  1. Aww. I know you don't feel like that anymore, but you know she's always with you. This one made me cry a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one made me cry. She's in your heart always, you should know that. I know it sounds silly and you probably wont do it because of your belief system but why not when you're alone just talk to her, like she's there? The friends and family of mine that have passed, when i'm alone, I just talk to them, because in my heart they are in Heaven, which to me they can hear me if i start talking to them because what i believe is that everyone that dies that you're close to, a piece them always stays in your heart. so when you start to talk to them, their spirit listens. and they can guide you through your life.

    ReplyDelete