CHAPTER 10: no. 087 [so long and goodnight...]















"Helena" by My Chemical Romance

Long ago
Just like the hearse you die to get in again
We are so far from you...

I feel like I've written so much about this, but I haven't said a word. I miss you so much sometimes it hurts. It doesn't seem like it's ever happened; but it feels like a dream. Maybe sometimes a nightmare, that I can't wake up from. Nothing about this seems real except the pain. It's not fair that you were taken from us; taken from me. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I went with you, but then I realize it's better that I'm here. It's hard to move on, to carry on, to imagine a life without you, but I've been holding on tonight...

What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight...

Came a time, when every star fall brought you to tears again...
I remember it all so clearly, but not like it's ever happened. People remember things that happen, but not this vividly. I remember everything, every aspect, every little detail, as if it were a dream. I still can't believe that you are gone. I miss your smile, I miss your laugh, I miss everything about you, and I know that I haven't gotten past it. Maybe it's not something that I need to get past, or need to let go, because I've been holding on tonight...

What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight
And if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight...


Photobucket

Photobucket

What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight...

Photobucket

Well if you carry on this way
Things are better if I stay

So long and goodnight
So long and goodnight...

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i'd forgotten how much i loved your writings because it'd been so long. you don't need to get over her. she was a big part of your life, like your twin as you've told me. she'll always be apart of your live even though she's not a living being anymore, she lives inside you, as corky as that sounds. it's true though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had to end it like that, didn't you? I cried when it hit the first 'but i've been holding on tonight' lyric. Way to make me cry asshole! I agree with Laurie, I've missed your writings! They all tell such a unique story. This one was definitely a tear jerker for me. Thanks for that!

    ps: i loved the set up with the piano rendition. very well done.

    ReplyDelete